How do I know if my child would benefit from therapy?
A specialized pediatric therapist should evaluate any child whose function falls below normal standards. The following are some conditions for parents, teachers, and doctors to watch for:
- Torticollis (head tilted to one side)
- Delays in gross/fine motor development (i.e. rolling, sitting, crawling, standing, walking, grasping, reaching)
- Asymmetrical body use (uses one arm or leg more than the other)
- Abnormal or poor posture
- Limited or excessive joint mobility
- Floppiness or stiffness in muscle tone
- Difficulty with balance and coordination
- Excessive clumsiness
- Toe walking
- Genetic disorders
- Speech delay or difficulty understanding speech
- Difficulty eating
- Difficulty tolerating different textures, sounds, environments
How do I schedule an appointment or evaluation?
We are accepting new patients at each of our locations. Contact us to schedule an appointment. Our Patient Care Coordinator will walk you through every step of the process.
Will my insurance cover therapy?
All insurance plans are different, but Simple Strokes Therapy is “in-network” with all major insurers and well as government pay sources. We encourage you to contact your provider for your plan details.